Pages

Wednesday 3 April 2019

What I Found Surprising About My New Meal Plan

I'm not exactly sure what my diet would be labeled. My goal in the day is to eat a lot of high fibre vegetables, 2-3 green smoothies, and plant based protein (soy, nuts, seeds). 

The most surprising thing I've found is that I'm loving cooking and recipe experimentation. Before going plant based, our family ate meat at every meal. I'm a germaphobe and didn't realize how much stress this was causing me. Since eliminating animal and animal products from 90% of my meals I've become less stressed in the kitchen. I don't worry about washing my hands a million times because I'm worried about spreading e. coli, and I'm not constantly washing utensils that have touched raw meat.

When looking for recipes I search Vegan Keto. Keto recipes tend to have low to no carbs and sugar. If you're looking to recipe test, I recommend Googling, Youtubing, or Pintersting "Vegan Keto Recipes."

Below I share a bit about my restrictions, incase you are thinking of trying something new :)

This is a list of the foods I don't eat:
Starchy and High Carb Vegetables (Potatoes, Yams, Beets, etc)
Tropical Fruit
Grains (Wheat, Quinoa, etc)
Sugar

These are the foods I eat sparingly:
Carrots
Onions
Apples
Blueberries
Strawberries
Raspberries



No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...