Pages

Monday 24 November 2014

Helpful Memory Trick

True story:

Once upon a time, there lived a DapperGentleman. He was a forgetful fellow. Every morning as he walked down the hall to the elevator he would forget if he had locked the front door.

DapperGentleman: Did I lock the door?

LovelyLady: I'm not sure, I was waiting for the elevator...

Several Years Later...

DapperGentleman: Shoot, Did I lock the door?

LovelyLady: Every morning you ask me this.... Every morning... You know what would be fun and helpful at the same time? If you sang a song. That way when you locked the door you would sing the song on the way to the elevator. Then at the elevator you would know that you locked the door because you would be singing the song... You could sing: Lock the Door, Lock the Door, I'm so good, I Locked the Door.

The Very Next Day:

As the DapperGentleman locked the front door he sang:

Lock the door, Look the door, One potato, two potato, Lock the Door. 

LovelyLady Narrating to Audience: It has been 3 weeks since I suggested the song, and instead of annoyance at the same question every morning, I am greeted with a lovely song at the elevator. I must admit, I am one cleaver lady ;)


No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...