Pages

Monday 8 December 2014

Directionally Challenged...



I think one of my best qualities is my love of getting lost. 
The best adventures come from wrong turns!

You think you are going the right way for a long time.
Then you finally look at a road sign 
and realize you are on the road to Whistler
when you were supposed to be headed to East Vancouver...

Other people don't always find it as exciting as I do.
This is why I always give a disclaimer when getting into my car:
I'll try my best to get us where we need to be,
however you must be up for an adventure should we get lost 
and never end at our intended destination.
Should you not accept the terms, please exit the vehicle to your right :)

This lovely trait of mine, unfortunately, is not conducive to Sailing.

In Sailing, you have to know where things are...
Direction of the wind...
Land marks...
North, East, South, and West...
You know, normal stuff, normal people know ;)

So... This Happened One Day:

One day I was out on the water with my Sailing Instructor. It was getting late so he wanted us me to steer us back to Kit Yacht Club. I of course obliged... and pointed us into the direction of Kits...

I was minding my own business... sailing us back to our dock, but the Sailing Instructor kept on saying, "Head Up". In this case, it meant steer closer to the left. 

He said this about 6-10 times, and every time I would adjust the boat. However, after about a minute it didn't seem like we were going in the right direction to head to Kits, so I would altimately steer back to my original posisiton. 

I guess the Sailing Instructor was getting really confused as to why I kept steering us back to my original state even though he was telling me to keep more left... Finally he ask, "Where are you going?" 

I was like, "To Kits, over there..." And I pointed to Kits.

He then had an ahh-haa moment and said, "That's not Kits, it's Jericho! Kits is to the left of that, over there." And proceeded to point to the Real Kits...

I started to laugh, "No wonder you kept telling me to 'head up'. I was thinking you were crazy because you kept pointing me away from kits, and you were thinking I was crazy because I kept on steering us to Jericho!" 










No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...