Pages

Monday 1 December 2014

The Pressure of Doing Well


I always endeavour to be honest, so here goes.


I can't wait until school is over because the pressure I put on myself and the pressure put upon me by others will cease. It's debilitating sometimes to have the pressure of past well performances looming over you. It's like a benchmark of my life that I'm not allowed to go below.

People around me always dismiss my feeling when I'm in a moment of self doubt. Sometimes a strong person needs someone to listen. School is tough, and sometimes in moments of stress I doubt that I'll be able to pass a course.

I've been known to do well, but that isn't always a benchmark for the future. Let me fail. Let me not be perfect at school. Lend me your ear in moments of stress and self doubt. Please don't dismiss my feeling because I've done well in the past.

My past performance is not a benchmark for the future. Every situation or course is new for me and self doubt is natural in new situations/courses.

An empathetic ear is always better than dismissiveness and advice giving.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...