Pages

Friday 4 April 2014

Life Tips from my Plumber



I have this amazing plumber. When he comes to my home and fixes things, he always looks around and gives me tips on other things around my house. It's like a two for one, how amazing is that?

The other day he fixed my sink chomper (aka garburator). The conversation went a little like this:

Plumber: I was at this guy's house the other day to fix blah blah and he didn't know to turn of the main water line when you leave for a 3 week long vacation! Can you believe that? He's a doctor!

Me: Oh really? That's insane, of course you turn off the water...

Plumber: The guy just thought that if he didn't leave on any taps that it would be fine. So much can go wrong when you aren't at home. A waterline could burst and no one would be there to stop it from destroying your home.

Me: Yeah...

I played along because I didn't want my plumber to think I was dumb like the doctor, but in all honesty I wouldn't have thought to turn off the water leading to my home...

Life Tip: Turn off the water line when you go on vacation
Life Tip Two: Play along in conversations so you don't seem dumb ;)

4 comments :

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...