Pages

Monday 18 April 2016

Hold Your Baby As Much As You Want



I am definitely one of those people who fell into the trap of, "Don't hold your baby too much or you'll spoil him/her and they'll always want to be held."

When TheLittleBear was born I would hold her, but then immediately be scared that I might be spoiling her. I worked on helping her learn to be put down and not held too much.

The thing I realize months later is...


I love love love holding her and I want to hold her All The Time. My favourite times of the days are putting her for a nap or night time because as she falls asleep, she leans her head against me and holds me tight. The sweetest thing in the world is having a little baby hand hold your arm as she falls asleep. To have her rest her head on your chest, and for you to rest your cheek on the top of her head. To stroke her head with your cheek and feel the softness of her hair. It brings me to happy tears just thinking of it.

Now, I put TheLittleBear in a baby carrier if she wants to be held and I need to get something done. Granted, sometimes I do need her to wait a few minutes because chopping and cooking isn't safe with a baby strapped to you.

It is the sweetest thing to wear your babies. It's adorable how they treat the space between you and them as a little play area. TLB will play with keys, water bottles, toys... It's like her little house.

The timeframe of being able to wear your babies is so short. They aren't always going to want to be held. Soon, they become mobile and want to crawl, walk, or run more than they want to be held close.

My advice to new parents is: Hold Your Babies As Much As You and Your Baby Wants!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...