Pages

Monday 25 April 2016

How to Get Stuff Done



Now that I have a baby I find that trying to get stuff done around the house is a difficult task.

A cluttered house with stuff every stresses me out. I need to have my bed made, kitchen table and countertop cleared of unnecessary clutter. Otherwise I can't relax.

I used to have this rule that when I was in final exam mode, TheDapperGentleman and I both had to work extra hard to keep the kitchen tidy because that was my studying area. When you live in 625 sqft you don't have the luxury of having a dedicated desk or office for studying. Each space must be multi purposed.

My new trick to getting stuff done is to set goals for the day. When TheLittleBear was only a couple of months old these goals were small. Usually they would be filing down TLB's nails, or combing out her cradle cap.

A couple of months ago I went through a "we have too many books" moment and went through our 3 book cases to removed 30+ books. These books sat in my hallway for 3 or 4 months. I kept procrastinating because every weekend was rainy, and I didn't want to sell and donate books in the rain. Finally, I gave myself the weekend goal of selling these books rain or shine. It totally worked out because I made $84.75 from my old books.

Setting goals and mentally crossing them off when finished feels amazing.

I hope this helps you :)

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...