Pages

Monday 4 March 2019

Friendships that Spark Joy





The last few years have been tough on my friendships. Friendships ended with people who I thought were going to be in my life forever.

After going through some major changes in 2016 I learned that I didn't want to hold on to friendships that didn't spark joy. It was a hard decision to let go of people who I cared so deeply for, but knew our friendship had come to a natural conclusion.

I have never been a person who makes lasting connections easily. I don't let many people in. I used to think that I would prefer one deep friendship over numerous superficial ones. This opinion has since changed.

I think in the past I put too much on my friendships and not enough on myself. I needed to learn how to not use people as my social safety blanket. I needed to learn how to be by myself.

When I let go of my friendships in 2016 it was hard. Really hard. But I did my year of yes in 2018 and now I have people in my life that I truly enjoy.

I don't share every part of my life with a single friend. Instead I have different friends to meet different needs. I have Mom friends, Cooking friends, Work friends, Casual Friends... The list is endless.

What I learned the most from my meeting new people is that I don't need a handful of people, I need a whole village.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...