Pages

Tuesday 29 July 2014

Single tasking vs. Multitaskings


I used to prize myself in being the best multitasker ever.

However as life has gotten busier, I realized that my attention span
was dwindling. I could no longer sit down and focus on one thing.
When I'm reading, my mind often wanders to various other things.

Then...

I started to single task.

1. I turned off all my notifications at work 
so that when I'm working on something I won't get distracted 
by new emails coming in.

2. This one's hard... but when I'm watching t.v. or netflix,
I only watch the program and am not surfing the internet as well.

3. Taking time to do single tasking things
like writing in my journal or meditating.

Life feels calmer and less stressful when I'm not trying to cram
everything in. I say no to things and live life more in the moment.


No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...