Pages

Thursday 17 July 2014

Lesson Learned...

(Look at Bob's Apple Babies grow)


Sometimes I can be very spontaneous in my gardening. I won't do my research first and thus learn valuable lessons...

This year the lesson I learned was to not transplant fruit trees when they are growing fruit. I did this with Bob the Apple Tree, my Fig Tree, and the Black Raspberry bush...

Bob originally had a lot of blooms that would have turned into apples. I transplanted him because I was too eager and he was only left with 2 apples... Same goes for the Fig Tree and Raspberry bush.

However... The Fig bush has 3 new babies! Originally it had lots of baby figs, but only 1 survived the transplant. I checked on him the other day and he has 3 new blooms :)


P.S. the grape vines are doing really well...

Original Grape Post

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...