Pages

Monday 9 June 2014

Feed Me Grapes Like a Goddess Please...



Ummmm Grapes. Home grown grapes are so sweet. I do find that they have thicker skins though...

I didn't think you could container garden grapes. I planted these last year, and as spring came upon us I didn't think they were going to come back. But alas, they have in full force. 

If grapes weren't poisonous for dogs I'd could see Ror wanting me to feed her bushels as she lay on a hammock on our patio :) She does do her due diligence every day and sniffs these to see if they are ready.

What I learned in my second year is that you shouldn't trim back the branches too much in the first year. Let them grow wild. Then in the second year you can trim it back as they grow. This way you limit the risk that you will be trimming too much and nothing will grow back. 

I'll definitely report back more findings as the season progresses :) 



Green Grapes Growing

Dark Purple Grapes Growing
(I have not spotted any bushels yet)

I have 3 green grape bushels 

 growing... growing...

growing bigger... 

P.S. If you have any tips for me, let me know. I'd love to see these beauty grow and produce more grapes next year.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...