Pages

Friday 31 October 2014

Halloween Cut My Finger




Halloween Cut My Finger...

You know that very clique Halloween Prank of cutting something and faking you cut your finger, when really it was only Ketchup?

I did it for real today. I was minding my own business cutting veggies and I sliced up my finger.

People who know me best, know that I'm the worst in medical emergencies. I panic and freeze in fear at the sight of medical injuries...

I could see that a 1/4 of my nail had been effected and I just stared at it for what felt like forever.... I was completely alone in the house, so I knew that if I didn't do something it would be hours before TheDapperGentleman would come home and find me.

I called the only number I know my heart, my bestie. I didn't mean to be a bawling mess, but when I heard her voice, I could contain my emotions and I ugly cried to her on the phone that I cut my finger. No salutations, just crying and repeating, "I cut my finger, I cut my finger, I'm all alone and I'm so scared!"

My bestie tells me all the time that she knows first aid. I mean like, all the time, all the time. When I was hurt, all I could think about was, "Bestie knows first aid, bestie knows first aid..." Had she not drummed that into me for the last 12 years, I don't know I would have remembered.

She came and saved me! She washed and bandaged my wound. Thank goodness already in her car when I called and she could come right over. I don't know what I would have done without her.

I couldn't look up TheDapperGentleman's work number on Google because I didn't have any spare fingers... Dialling my Bestie's number manually for the last 12 years is what saved me :)

I don't think that it was a coincidence that I cut my finger on Halloween... It was a Halloween conspiracy! Halloween, you bested me this time... but next year we'll see who comes out the victor...

You all are probably wondering where was Ror? She was 3 feet away in her bed... didn't even lift her head as I was in my trauma... She did managed to leave and greet my Bestie when Bestie came to save me...

On the bright side, I'm getting better at not panicking. In previous emergencies I would just stand there and bleed out. I wouldn't even put pressure on the wound... When TheDapperGentleman and I were first dating, he had to save me when I cut myself on a broken piece of glass... but that's a story for another day :)

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...