Pages

Monday 27 October 2014

Propagation: Ficus


Creating a new ficus tree from cutting is actually very easy.

All you need to do is trim off a couple of branches and place them in water.

After a couple of weeks, small white roots will grow from the branches.

Be sure to check on these babies, because they need to be in constant water.

Once they have a couple of root shoots from the stem, you can plant it in soil.


This is a ficus tree that I started a couple of years ago.

This is the parent ficus tree. 
I saved it from my previous work. 
It was in this dark meeting room dying from lack of light.
When I first started to take care of it, it only had 10 leaves on it :(

But now it's so lively and lush :D
It's also the father of many of my ficus tree gifts to friends.

Ficus trees are definitely the tree that keep on giving.
All they require in return is plenty of water and sunlight.
I have found that this is the most low maintenance indoor plant I have :)

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...