Pages

Friday 21 March 2014

i repeat... honeyberries are not blueberries


Upon reading the plant label and feeling a sense of adventure, I purchased a honeyberry plant. Thinking that it was going to be a sweet berry similar to blueberries with a hint of honey, I waited patiently for the fruit to ripen.

Popping a couple in my mouth... I discovered honeyberries are NOT blueberries.

Don't be fooled by their dark plum like skin, and their innocent berry shape. They are not, I repeat not blueberries.

Once I let them ripen more on the plant (until the end of the summer) they were okay... not the best fruit, but once you mix 'em in with other berries are bearable...

Silver lining: The leaves are velvety soft and oh so puuuurty

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...