Pages

Wednesday 26 March 2014

Container Gardening: Magnolias

The best way to have a garden in a small space is to have all your plants in pots. This is also known as container gardening. I always thought that certain plants (like trees) needed to be in the ground. This is my experiment with the success and failures. 

First up is Magnolia Trees. I'm currently on season 3 of Magnolia trees and these guys have not died. Success! 

I have two different kinds and the thing I've learned is that the white ones bloom weeks before purple ones. This is also why I only have pictures of the white one. Patience got the best of me in previous years and I trimmed the buds off the purples ones before they even got a chance to bloom. Last year I was too busy and just left the trees to their own and was pleasantly surprised when ba-bing, blooms!



 I'm pretty sure this one is a star magnolia tree. The one beside it is Magnolia Liliiflora (not bloomed). 


No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...