Pages

Sunday 9 March 2014

My Second Year Garden


Because of my success in the first year, the powers that be gave me a larger garden plot in my second year.

I regret to say I didn't take pictures of my plot set up, however here are some of my garden hauls.

The carrots were the major success of this year. The best trick of the trade for carrots is to plant then right after the last frost of the year. It's amazing how the March/April rains germinated most of my seeds to produce carrots for the entire summer.

If you are planting carrots later, try germinating the seeds in a smaller pot, then transferring them once they are seedlings. I did this later in the summer because I wanted the carrot train to continue, and it worked like a charm :)

Purple carrots are my favourite. Pulling carrots is like finding your first grey hairs and pulling them out. The satisfaction you feel is almost indescribable.




2 comments :

  1. Bee!!! Our minds are doing it again! I want to start a blog...I was thinking of this like 2 months ago.....and then I forgot about it because of all the planning for the fundraiser. Thank for reminding me bestie ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Madelynn's so cute in your picture! I've come to terms with my clarevoyant-ness ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...