Pages

Thursday 1 May 2014

Garden Happenings in April




Gardening is like a slow moving art piece. Over the season you start to see the performance unfold and the beauty take place.

Here are the things I'm doing in April:

1. Digging out weeds and preparing for the new veggie garden
2. Folding in Coffee Grounds and new soil into the garden
3. Placing the bamboo/stake infrastructure to hold up the veggie vines
4. Planting carrot, beets, tomatoes, and pea seeds.

I have found that things almost never go as planned. I'm still looking for some space to plant zucchini and eggplant.  Maybe, just maybe I was a little over zealous with the carrot seeds. ;)

Wait a minute, a plan is forming... once the peas have been harvested I'll replant them in half the space leaving room for zucchini! Bing! Problem one solved, now for the egg plant. Where shall I put you? A problem for future Bee to solve :)

(the burlap at the entrance is to help me not track dirt past the entry way of my garden)
(egg shells surround my tomato plants to help ward off slugs and to give them calcium) 

(sturdy steaks and bird netting surround my garden to keep out the cute neighbourhood cats)

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...